SAVE-THE-DATE: ZOOOM Project Track on SFSCon 2023
The ‘3Os and IP Awareness Raising for Collaborative Ecosystems’ (ZOOOM) Project is preparing a series of interactions at SFSCON 2023! The event is to take place in Bolzano, Italy, on 10-11 November 2023.
The South Tyrol Free Software Conference, SFSCON, is one of Europe’s most established annual conferences on Free Software. SFSCON promotes the use of Free Software in digital infrastructures as a tool to achieve greater innovation and competitiveness. Registrations are now open, while the agenda of the event is being finalised upon conclusion of the the speaker selection process.
ZOOOM fits perfectly into the event contextual framework,
- analysing intellectual property (IP) generation and management in collaborative innovation ecosystems which rely on various types of open technologies: open-source software, open hardware, and open data (the “3Os”), with a special focus on emerging technological areas such as artificial intelligence, blockchain, quantum, and robotics; and
- supporting various groups of stakeholders (e.g., knowledge creators such as startups, SMEs, researchers, Technology Transfer Offices, Digital Innovation Hubs, and Patent Information Centres), navigating them through the complex challenges that arise when addressing open-source innovation from both legal and business perspectives.
On 10th November 2023 (Friday), the ZOOOM Project Track will take place in the afternoon focusing on the framework designed under the project. The track aims to disseminate the findings of the ZOOOM project and show the intersection between legal and business aspects in IP management and value creation/capture in innovation ecosystems based on open-source software (and beyond), with a total of four interactions:
- Introduction to the ZOOOM Project and brief presentation of the next-day activity (Stefano Menegazzi, Alessandro Rossi, Amalia De Gotzen, Andy Peruccon)
- The ZOOOM Framework: Legal aspects of FOSS and beyond (Lucas Lasota, Niharika Singhal)
- The ZOOOM Framework: Business aspects of FOSS and beyond (Seckin Celik, Davide Serpico)
- The ZOOOM Framework: An Ecosystemic Perspective (Erica Santini)
On 11th November 2023 (Saturday), ZOOOM organizes a special Toolkit Interactive Workshop, led by Amalia de Gotzen and Andy Peruccon, that is to focus on examining the ZOOOM Toolkit. The latter is to provide valuable tools and material regarding open licence innovation around the topic of open data, open-source software and open hardware. The workshop sessions will present the overall interface and user experience with the hope of collecting valuable feedback from participants and identifying potential improvements in both the structure and the functions of specific supporting tools. The involvement of the participants will be instrumental in gathering cutting-edge and up-to-date knowledge regarding current tools and resources that can contribute to the creation of an all-inclusive knowledge repository on open licence innovation. Registration for the Workshop is needed at https://pretix.eu/noi-digital/sfscon23/3980546/.